Administration of Linux System Training Course
21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
Knowledge of any Unix-like
- How to administer the system?
- How to build a Linux system?
- The system initialization (grub, kernel, init daemons, shell)
- How to manage user accounts?
- How to create and manage devices?
- How to create back up?
The tasks of the system administrator
- What is Linux?
Procedures for starting and closing of the system
- The process of loading and starting the operating system
- The closure of the system
- Single user mode
The init program
- Init as the ancestor of all processes
- Configuring init - / etc / inittab
- Run levels
Login to the system
- Login via terminal
- Login via network
- What exactly does the program login?
- Access control
- Starting coatings
- What is a user account?
- Account types
- Creating a User
- Manipulation of the groups
- Changing the account properties
- Deleting user
- Temporarily disable your account
- Get information about accounts
- What is virtual memory?
- Create a file / swap partition
- The use of swap space
- Sharing swap partitions with other operating systems
Managing file systems
- Types of devices
- Partitions and file systems
- Create a partition
- Applying a Filesystem
- Checking integrity
File management devices
- MAKEDEV script
- Mknod command
- Configuring the cron service
- The term consumption of resources and activities
- Research what operations are performed in the given time different programs
- Monitoring system activity - SADC
The allocation of resources
- Limitation of resources allocated to the individual user - pam_limits.so
- The allocation of disk space - QUOTA
- Analysis and configuration of system logs - syslog
- Automatic rotation files of records - logrotate
Create Backing up
- Situations in which we may lose data
- Strategies of backup copies
- Full backup
- Differential backup
- Incremental Backup
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
|Number of Delegates||Private Remote|
From $4500 (462)
Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|