21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
Java programming experience
Apache Karaf is an OSGi based runtime for deploying containerized applications.
In this instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote), participants will learn how to set up an OSGi based project as they step through the deployment of a modular Java application using Apache Karaf.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Apache Karaf
- Understand the essential features of the OSGi runtime environment
- Develop a containerized application using the Apache Karaf run time environment
Format of the Course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice.
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Overview of the OSGi Life Cycle
- Setting up Apache Felix
- Working with OSGi Bundles
- OSGi Services (SOA in a JVM)
- Core Services
- Compendium Services
- Whiteboard and Extender Patterns
- Bundle Host/Fragment
- Aries JPA/JTA
- Bundle Testing
- Installing and Configuring Apache Karaf
- Overview of Apache Karaf Features and Architecture
- Using Karaf Consoles
- Application Logging
- Application Provisioning
- Deploying an Application
Summary and Conclusion
Clarity of messages, examples based on self experience; Availability
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH