14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
Good Excel user knowledge.
This course has been created for anyone who works with Excel and wants to automate most of their tasks.
The course covers procedural programming in VBA. Students will learn which objects are available in Excel and how to use them. They will also learn how to write their own worksheet functions, debug programs and write complete applications using VBA forms.
This course can also be run in more depth, and with more practical examples, as a three day course.
- Recording and Modifying Macros
- Assigning Macros to Toolbar, Buttons, Shortcut key
Visual Basic for Applications Environment
- Visual Basic Editor and its options
- Component Management
- Environment Optimization
Introduction to Procedural Programming
- Procedures: Functions and Sub-routines
- Data Types
- If ...Then....Elseif....Else....Endif
- Do...Loop , While
- For... Next
- Arrays and Loops
- VBA and Sheet Data Exchange (Cells, Range Methods)
- Getting and Printing Data from Users (InputBox, MsgBox)
- Variable Declaration
- Scope and LifeTime of Variables and Objects
- Operators and Their Priorities
- Modules Options
- Creating Worksheet Functions
- Objects, Classes, Methods and Properties
- Locking Project for Viewing
- Run Time, Design Time, and Break Mode
- Brakes and Watches
- Local Window
- Immediate Window
- Call Stack
- Errors Types
- On Error GoTo
- On Error Resume Next
Excel Model Object
- Application Object
- Workbook Object and Workbooks Collection
- Worksheet Object and Worksheets Collection
- ThisWorkbook, ActiveWorkbook, ActiveCell, ....
- Selection Object
- Range Collection
- Cells Collection
- Using Status Bar
- Screen Updating and Optimizing
- Timer and Time Measuring
Events Handling in VBA
- Creating and Using Forms
- Invoking Forms in VBA Code
- Using VBA Forms in Worksheet
appropriate adjustment of the level of exercises to the knowledge of the participants, help of the teacher
consolidating my basic knowledge and broadening it.
Organizing the acquired theoretical knowledge and the multitude of practical exercises.
practical examples of VBA application
VBA practical exercises
Mali liu - 深圳汉莎技术有限公司
practical application using my data and how I can use VBA to process and produce my reports
Environment, Marine and Fisheries
Working on and using our own data/spreadsheets, where we could see how it would benefit us most.
Julie Longridge - Environment, Marine and Fisheries
The instructor's method of writing the code and finding solutions provided a good example of how to approach things in VB. Recording a macro to access its code, intentionally leaving some items incorrect to show how that impacted the result, etc. Finding errors and solutions in code can be difficult but his training approach showed his VB problem solving methodology
Manson Construction Co.
A lot of practical examples
Tasks and practical examples
a good explanation of all the issues, so that they were understandable
Some of our clients
is growing fast!
We are looking to expand our presence in the US!
As a Business Development Manager you will:
- expand business in the US
- recruit local talent (sales, agents, trainers, consultants)
- recruit local trainers and consultants
- Artificial Intelligence and Big Data systems to support your local operation
- high-tech automation
- continuously upgraded course catalogue and content
- good fun in international team
If you are interested in running a high-tech, high-quality training and consulting business.Apply now!