21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
- Basic knowledge of e-commerce
- Basic computer usage experience
- Merchants looking to set up a Magento store
- Merchants looking to improve the management of their existing Magento store
Magento is a powerful and flexible open-source e-commerce platform with modular architecture. Written in PHP language against the Zend Framework, it allows users to deploy e-commerce websites in accordance with their business needs by utilizing many out-of-the-box templates and plug-ins.
In this instructor-led, live training participants will learn how to add categories and store products, process a purchase order and make shipments, run product promotions, manage customers and permissions, run multiple websites and stores, and more.
By the end of this training, participants will:
- Have a comprehensive, expert user level understanding of Magento usage and functionality.
- Be able to independently run and manage multiple websites and stores based on business needs.
- Be able to streamline business activity by simplifying and minimizing daily administration and maintenance efforts.
Format of the course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice
- An Introduction to Magento
- The Benefits of Magento
- Understanding the Basic Elements for Magento
- Adding Root Categories
- Adding Subcategories
- Managing Categories
- Working with Page Design
- What are Product Attributes
- Creating an Attribute
- Creating an Attribute Set
- Assigning Attribute Set to Products
- Managing Attribute Sets
- Adding a Simple Product
- Adding a Configurable Product
- Adding a Grouped Product
- Adding Products to Categories
Inventory Configuration and Management
- Configuring Inventory Settings
- Managing Product Inventories
- Processing a Purchase Order
- Checkout Process
- Shipping Options and Delivery Tracking
- Tracking Payment and Invoicing
- Managing Customer Ratings and Review
- Product Catalog Pricing Rules
- Shopping Cart Pricing Rules
- Newsletters and Promotion emails
- Manage and Group Customers
- Manage Customer Groups
- Types of Reports
- Running and Generating Reports
- Refreshing Sales Report Statistics
SEO Best Practices
- Introduction to Metadata Fields
- Sitemap Management
- Catalog URL Management
Running and Managing Multiple Websites and Stores
- Solutions for Running and Managing Multiple Websites and Stores
- Best Practices for Running and Managing Multiple Websites and Stores
The trainer's knowledge and ability to understand how our customizations affect the overall Magento structure.
The trainer was always willing to provide creative solution ideas to our environement. This was new and fresh.
none for now
Deloitte Digital Sp. z o.o.