14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
Basics of an operating system administration.
This course covers everything a database administrator needs to know to successfully deploy and maintain MongoDB databases.
Diagnosing performance issues, importing and exporting data, and establishing the proper backup and restore routines, overview of the MongoDB CRUD API, the command shell, and the drivers are also covered.
The audience of this course include people who want to:
- Understand MongoDB from a developer's perspective, including its command shell, query API, and driver tools.
- Deploy MongoDB in all its configurations - as a single server, with master/slave replication, as a replica set, and as a sharded cluster.
- Evaluate applications and choose hardware appropriately.
- Monitor MongoDB instances and integrate with standard monitoring software (Munin, Nagios, etc.)
- Plan for backups and manage large data imports and exports.
- Troubleshoot the most common developer issues and failure scenarios.
Each delegate will need to perform a series of practical exercises.
MongoDB Architectural Overview
- Origin, design goals, key features
- Process structure (mongos, mongod, config servers)
- Directory / file structure
Working with the MongoDB Shell
- Documents and data types
- CRUD (Inserts, queries, updates, deletes)
- System commands
Single-server Configuration and Deployment
- Configuration files
- Data files and allocation
- Log files
- Hardware and file-system recommendations
- Built-in authentication
- Recommendations for secure deployment
- Analyzing memory and IO performance
- Integration with monitoring tools: Munin / Cacti / Nagios
- MongoDB's web console
Indexing and Query Optimization
- Managing indexes and MongoDB indexing internals
- Single / Compound / Geo indexes
- Identifying sub-optimal queries. Using the query profiler.
Introduction to drivers (Java/Python/Ruby/PHP/Perl)
- How the drivers and shell communicate with MongoDB
- BSON and the MongoDB Wire Protocol
- Troubleshooting application connections
Intro to Read and Write scalability
Replication and Durability
- Master-slave replication
- Replica sets
- Using write concern for durability
- Handling replication failures
- How sharding works
- Setting up a MongoDB shard cluster
Choosing a shard key
Sharding and indexes
- Sharding and Replica Set Topologies
- Administering a sharded cluster
Shard / Chunk Migration
Backup and Restore Plans
- Filesystem-based strategies
- mongodump / mongorestore
- mongoimport / mongoexport
I really liked the monitoring.
I mostly liked the good content and exercises.
The structure and pace of the class was great.
The depth of the Congo db training was explored from basic to advanced, I felt it was a little too much to squeeze into 2 days but I did get exposure to all aspects of Congo db.
I liked that the course was relevant to our need.
Most of the hands-on stuff was good.
I genuinely liked that there was no pressure.
I likedthat the course was tailored to cover our organizations questions.
The clear depth of knowledge the trainer had, which really shone when combined with his evident enthusiasm for the subject.
Even though I have been using MongoDB for a while, there were still some new “basic” things that Tamil taught us - as well as teaching us the advanced topics we need to move our projects forwards.
I genuinely liked the explanations.
Adrian was knowledgeable in Linux and MongoDB. He was able to troubleshoot the labs on our computers very quickly when we had mistakes.
MInistry of Defence
I believe in the fact: good to have more exercises than lectures.
DXC Technology via SCC
I liked the mongol / Mongol / Mongodump / Mongorestore / MongoDB.
DXC Technology via SCC
A trainer with a lot of knowledge and a good, calm way of communicating. Well-trained training.
Orange Szkolenia Sp. z o.o.
The trainer is quite knowledgeable.
Balwinder Bal - Bank of Montreal
I mostly liked the hands-on sessions.
AVL List GmbH
Trainer was able to answer almost all questions during the training, has great subject knowledge.
AVL List GmbH
The training itself is fully supported by the materials available, but the ability of the trainer to adapt on what customer wants to learn is really something. Kudos!.
Roi Magboo - Infomax Systems Solutions and Services Inc.
SHAFI SHAIK - TransCore
Helpful trainer, Good amount of training materials.
Matyas Sandor - Training360 Kft.
actual hands-on application of the theory