14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- Node.js programming experience.
- Experience with the command line.
This instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote) is aimed at developers who wish to use Serverless Framework on AWS and other cloud platforms to create and deploy microservice applications.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up Serverless Framework to work with compute services such as AWS Lambda.
- Reduce the complexity and cost of deploying microservices on different cloud platforms.
- Emit and capture events and execute functions automatically.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- Sample applications and functions can written in a number of languages (Python, Java, Scala, C#, etc.), please contact us to request your preference.
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- To learn more about Serverless Framework, please visit: https://github.com/serverless/serverless
Overview of Serverless Framework
Setting Up an AWS Account
Configuring Serverless Framework
Preparing the Development Environment
Creating a Sample Microservice Application
Writing an AWS Lambda Function for Execution
Deploying the Function using the Serverless CLI
Building a REST API
Monitoring Your Microservices
Deploying Microservices to Other Clouds
Summary and Conclusion