14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An understanding of VBA
- Procedural programming experience
- Data Analysts
The course reveals the secrets of effective writing advanced applications in VBA application MsExcel.
This instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote) is aimed at data analysts who wish to use advanced VBA in Excel for automating tasks.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Write an advanced object-oriented application
- Convert text files
- Use of external data sources
- Use external libraries
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Excel Object Model
- The protection sheet from VBA
- Object Workbook, Workbooks collection
- Worksheet Object, Collection Worksheets
- Validation sheets
- Practical methods of the Range object
- Copy, paste, paste special
- Property CurrentRegion
- Find, replace
- Sorting ranges
- Charts (Object Chart)
- Application-level events
- Dynamic arrays
- Table arrays Variant
- Optimizing arrays and memory
- Multi-dimensional arrays
- Classes and Objects
- Creating classes
- Creating and Destroying Objects
- Create methods
- Create property
- Validation data using property
- The default properties and methods
- Error handling in the class module
Create and manage collections
- Create a collection
- Adding and removing items
- References to the components (using a key and an index)
Advanced structures and functions VBA
- Passing parameters by value and reference (ByRef and ByVal)
- Procedures with a variable number of parameters
- Optional Parameters and Defaults
- Procedures of unknown number of parameters (ParamArray)
- Enumeration, convenient parameter passing
- Type the user (User-defined Type)
- Service Null, Nothing, empty string "", Empty, 0
- Type conversion (Conversion)
- Opening and closing text files
- Reading and writing text and binary data
- Processing of records in the CSV file
- Efficient processing of text files
Use VBA functions in other applications
- Create your own add-ons
- Create a toolbar for addition
- Installing your own add-ons and their protection
Using external libraries
Connecting to external databases (ODBC, OLEDB)
Trainer's help in solving problems
Doing live exercises in Excel, and trainer knowledge.
Content and the way it was provided.
I genuinely was benefit from the clock exercise.
Jet Aviation AG
I generally enjoyed the instructors knowledge.
I was benefit from the examples from different area of VBA programming.
UBS Business Solutions Poland Sp. z o.o.
The whole topic is interesting - everything was OK.
Bartosz Wierzewski - UBS B
I mostly was benefit from the fitted training to people needs.
Robert Solek - UBS Business Solutions Poland Sp. z o.o.
I generally enjoyed the knowledge and sense of humor.
Łukasz Rózga - UBS Business Solutions Poland Sp. z o.o.
I liked the trainer, nice guy with great attitude.
Lukasz Kanior - UBS Business Solutions Poland Sp. z o.o.
I was benefit from the trainer knowledge, explanation and tips.
Kornel Tymcio - UBS Business Solutions Poland Sp. z o.o.
I really enjoy the training. Huge and practical! knowledge of the trainer combined with his skill to conduct the training made the training time very efficient. The trainer recognized the level of participant's experience in VBA and provided exercises relevant to that experience which made the training very useful.
Barbara Peek - UBS Business Solutions Poland Sp. z o.o.
I like the hands on training and seeing us solve for issues on the spot.
Jon Matrille - LocumTenens.com