14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An understanding of Ionic
- Web Developers
Ionic is a mobile development framework for creating hybrid-mobile web applications. WordPress is a content management system written in PHP. Using Ionic 4, users can use the WordPress Rest API to create a backend application for a mobile web application.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at web developers who wish to use WordPress and Ionic 4 for full stack development.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Create web applications with WordPress as a backend.
- Set up Ionic 4 with the WorPress Rest API.
- Run CRUD operations using Ionic 4.
- Secure a web application with JWT authentication.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- What is WordPress?
- WordPress features
- WordPress Rest API
Preparing the Development Environment
- Setting up Ionic 4 with Wordpress
WordPress Rest API
- Using Postman
- Creating and using custom Post types
- Exposing Rest endpoints
WordPress and Ionic 4
- Building a project
- Adding user interfaces
- Creating services
- Working with the backend
Testing the Application
- Testing with unit tests
Debugging the Application
- Handling errors
Deploying the Application
- Hosting on a public cloud such as Firebase
- Publishing the app
Securing the Application
- Using JWT authentication
Summary and Conclusion
The instructor was very knowledgeable and able to answer all questions and solve all issues that came up.
Jeannie Versteeg - Innovapost
Good background on the foundation of the platform.
Peter Kasper - Innovapost
The instructor was very approachable and eager to answer our questions and provide practical examples. The instructor was flexible in adapting the course content to the group's needs and level.
The instructor answered exhaustively to each of the questions
Anna Adamczyk-Czech - Zespół Szkół Techniczno - Informatycznych