eXist-db Development and Performance Training Course
14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
Attendees should have a good working knowledge of XML and basic XPath/XSLT/XQuery skills.
Attendees are also expected to bring their own laptops for use during the training course.
The objective is to enable attendees to quickly build applications inXQuery and make them ready for production use. Attendees will learn how to diagnose and resolve performance issues, properly define indexes for best performance, and how to optimise XQuery applications for concurrency.
Application development in XQuery
- We will guide you through a number of concrete application examples to show you how to:
- Quickly prototype a web application in XQuery
- Choose an application structure
- Use the right tools for application development (eXide, oXygen, WebDAV)
- Use and write function libraries and extension modules
- Set up indexes, URL rewriting, external resources
- Package and deploy your application
Performance and Optimisation
- Performance optimisation and making an application production ready:
- Understanding the basics of query execution and optimisation in eXist-db
- Characteristics of the different index types and their use
- Performance analysis, profiling
- Tuning indexes and database settings
- Optimising for concurrency
- You can contribute your own use cases for discussion or as an example which can can be worked through together during the day.
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
- Private Classroom
- Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
- Private Remote
- The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Private Remote|
- Public Classroom
- Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom|
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price