Introduction to Microbial Genomics & Metagenomics Training Course
Duration35 hours (usually 5 days including breaks)
RequirementsThere are no special preparations needed for this course other than familiarity with general biological concepts and an interest in learning analysis of DNA sequence data for microbial genomics.
This course will provide an introduction to microbial genomics. The content is intended to provide a basic hands-on training on data analysis, tools and resources for microbial bioinformatics and metagenomics.
Who are expected to attend?
Microbiologist, faculty, post doctorates, graduate students, research staff, and industry researchers interested in microbial genomics.
Format of the course
Topics will be delivered using a mixture of lectures (20%), practical sessions (60%) and open discussions (20%).
Practical work during the course will use small example datasets, but it is possible to work on your personal data.
This course will be held in a computer lab, which has desktop computers running Microsoft Windows OS with high speed internet connection. However, you can use your own laptop, only be sure you have Chrome or Firefox and have a recent version of Java installed.
The course will highlight key web-based resources, approaches and methodologies for DNA sequence data analysis for microbial genomics.
The major topics to be covered will include:
- 16S/18S metagenomics and species identification.
- Multi locus sequence typing.
- SNPs and plasmids profiling.
- SNPs based phylogeny.
- Prediction of antibiotics resistant mechanism.
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
- Public Classroom
- Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
- Private Classroom
- Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
- Private Remote
- The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price