Network Administering in Linux Training Course
14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
Knowledge of Linux
The course participant will answer the following questions:
- How to build a network based on TCP / IP?
- How to plan a TCP / IP network.
- What are the tools available in the system?
- How do I share files?
- How does e-mail?
- How to configure the hardware in Linux?
- History network, TCP / IP and UUCP
- Networking in linux
Introduction to TCP / IP protocol
- Network interface
- IP Address
- Address Resolution
- IP Routing
- ICMP The Internet Control Message Protocol
- Resolving Host Names
The hardware configuration
- Configuring the kernel
- The types of network devices
- Installing Ethernet cards
- Discussion protocols PLIP, PPP, SLIP
Setting up a network based on TCP / IP
- Determining the name (hostname)
- IP Address Assignment
- Create a subnet
- File management hosts and networks
- Configuring network Interfaceów
- All about ifconfig
- Interfaceów configuration using iproute2 package
- traceroute command
- The command netstat
- Managing the ARP table
- DNS Configuration
Firewall TCP / IP
- Designing a firewall
- Netfilter and IP Tables
Starting network services
- Super Server inetd (xinetd) versus standalone
- Managing access to services through tcpd
- File Services and Protocols
Network File System (NFS)
- Mounts NFS shares
- NFS Server Configuration
- SMTP and POP3 protocols
- Simple setup for postfix
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
|Number of Delegates||Private Remote|
From $3000 (384)
Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|