Workshop for Cisco IOS Devices Implementing IPSec using Certificate Authentication via a Windows 2008 R2 CA Training Course
Duration7 hours (usually 1 day including breaks)
Knowledge of Cisco IOS and IPSec is essential. Workshop could be extended to 2 days if pre-reqs are not fully met.
This one day workshop covers the configuration and operation of negotiating IKE/IPSec Security Association (SA) between Cisco IOS devices. The devices will authenticate using certificates provided through enrollment with a Windows 2008 R2 Certification Authority. The Windows 2008 R2 server will run the Simple Certificate Enrollment Process (SCEP) using the Network Device Enrollment Service (NDES).
Suitable for network planners, engineers or anyone interested in operation of Cisco IOS devices running IPSec using certificate authentication.
- Review the operation of IPSec SA negotiation.
- Configure Cisco Router/ASA to authenticate and enroll with a Windows 2008 R2 CA.
- Configure Windows 2008 R2 Server to perform network device enrollment using NDES.
- Test successful operation of IPSec with certificate authentication.
Equipment used in Practical Sessions:
Cisco IOS devices running v12 of IOS and Windows 2008 R2 server acting as an enterprise CA and running NDES and certificate enrollment.
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
- Public Classroom
- Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
- Private Classroom
- Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
- Private Remote
- The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price