Subversion for Administrators Training Course
This course is for system administrators who need to install and maintain Subversion software and Subversion repository. The aim of this course is to widen the skills of system administrators so that they can administer Subversion repository servers and provide the best advice of the practices of Subversion. This course features a lot of lab exercises on Linux virtual machines.
SVN server setup
- install the package and all dependences
- to create one repository or several repositories with sensible location considerations, initial import, migrate from CVS and other version control systems
Fine-tune all kinds of access schemes, including http, https, svn, svn+ssh, file, specially to consider following
- how to configure Apache modules
- to use ssh environment variables to shorten svn+ssh:// urls
- to define proper user databases and design complex access control list or authorization patterns
- to integrate with LDAP / domain controller / MySQL / PAM / etc for user authentications
Configure sensible repository layout
- each sub-project has complete tree structure such as trunk, branches and tags, suitable for sub-projects are inclusive and self-contained, not much inter-dependence, APIs of each sub-projects are stable and mature
- all modules exist on trunk / branches and tags, suitable for a logically compact project, there exists strong coupling among modules
- difference and benefits
Backup strategy and disaster recovery
- backup strategy, including: native method with svn sync, third-party tools such as rsync, hot copy
- whole repository backup vs each revision checkout or dump
- disaster recovery
- permanently remove files and history
Basic knowledge about managing repositories
- normal working cycle with subversion (hand-on practices)
- create branches and tags
- create locks and other controls
- design client-side tools and integrate them with IDEs
- choose and configure repository viewing facilities
- set general user policies, including set subversion hooks for those hard restrictions
- design automatic check-out and build or compilation, and even automatic testing
Guaranteed to run even with a single delegate!
Public ClassroomParticipants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
Private ClassroomParticipants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
Private RemoteThe instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price