Understanding IPv6 Training Course
A 2 day theoretical course (with some practical demonstrations) covering the fundamentals of Internet Protocol v6 – including addressing, protocol formats, ICMP v6, discovery processes and IP v6 routing.
Network Planners, Designers, and Engineers requiring an understanding of IP v6. Those requiring a comprehensive overview of IP v6 and the migration process from an IP v4 environment.
- Explain the benefits of migrating from IP v4 to IP v6
- Describe and explain the IP v6 fixed header format
- Describe and explain the IP v6 optional header formats
- Describe and explain global IP v6 unicast addresses and aggregation
- Describe and explain link-local IP v6 unicast addresses
- Describe and explain multicast IP v6 addresses
- Describe and explain anycast IP v6 addresses
- Describe and explain IP v6 special addresses
- Describe IP v4 to IP v6 compatibility and mapped addresses
- Describe and explain ICMP v6 messages
- Describe and explain path MTU discovery
- Describe and explain neighbour discovery process
- Describe and explain router discovery process
- Describe and explain multicast listener discovery process
- Describe and explain stateful and stateless auto-configuration
- Describe and explain IP v6 and DNS
- Describe IP v6 routing protocols – RIP, OSPF, ISIS and BGP v4
- Describe IP v4 to IP v6 migration strategies.
- Demonstrate IP v6 addressing and local link communication.
- Demonstrate IP v6 routing processes.
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price