14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
This training course aims at helping business analysts to learn to model efficiently their business processes using BPMN as well as resources that are handled by their activities. Being conducted by an agile enterprise framework, business analysts learn during this course how to use appropriate BPMN notations and business extensions of UML in order to deal with their "business requirements" and coherently drive underlying design level activities.
- Definition of BPM for an Agile Enterprise
- Place of the OMG's BPMN 2.0 in this context
Elements of the BPMN 2.0
- Basic Notions
- Process and Collaboration Diagrams,
- Participants : Pool, Lane
- Diagram repartition on the basis of abstraction levels
- Process, Sub-Process, Activity, Task
- Events and Gateways typology,
- Connectors, Message Flows, Data Objects,
- Best Practices,
- Case Study : Model the Business Process and establish the corresponding bridge toward an Organised Process
Advanced Elements using BPMN 2.0
- BPMN 2.0 advanced concepts
- Choreography, Collaboration and Conversation Diagrams,
- Detailed events and gateway typologies,
- Interruption Management, Incident Management,
- Multi-instance Elements,
- Transaction and Compensation,
- Workflow Patterns,
- Case Study : Update the previous diagrams considering Interruption and Compensation mechanisms
Simulate and Execute BPMN Models
- Process Models Simulation,
- Correspondences BPMN and UML,
- BPMN tools,
- Business Analysis Monitoring (BAM),
- Case Study : Check for the previous business process correctness and adjust them
Notice : The above training-mentoring sessions are conducted interactively using Business Modeling tools in order to ensure good level of traceability between business specifications and their execution. Concepts are first explained using basic examples and are then followed by solution drafts to your own problems. After this session, we can accompany you by reviewing and validating your solutions depending on your needs.
I mostly liked the exercises and examples.
Natalia Rodríguez Uclés
I enjoyed the experience of the trainer as well as the number of exercises to practice.
I genuinely was benefit from the discovering BPMN.
As inexperienced in BPML, the training provided a first very good impression about possibilities.
1) The perfect quality of the tools provided for the exercises which were an absolute delight to do in such an efficient environment 2) The exercises themselves were well designed, interesting and doable by a large audience (especially by modeling newbies like me . .) 3) the balance between lectures and exercises was perfect, with the addition of an excellent teacher, highly attentive to the students (e.g. circulating among us to help during the exercises, selecting and commenting the different variants proposed by the students, . .).
Philippe CHAUFFOUREAUX - skyguide
The trainer: both his level of expertise (thanks to still practicing BPMN in projects) and his very positive energy.
The high amount of exercises. This was very helpful for learning.
The possibility to use a good tool to perform the BPMN exercise.
Lot of examples to try to apply your newly learn knowledge.