14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An general understanding of system logging and monitoring concepts.
- Linux command line experience.
- System administrators
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at engineers who wish to set up an architecture where everything is logged.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Fluentd.
- Collect logs from large numbers of disparate servers.
- Unify the logging layer within an organization.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- This training covers logging approaches for various types of systems. Please contact us to arrange coverage for specific systems (syslog, Apache, Nginx, IoT, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Hadoop, etc.).
- To learn more about Fluentd, please visit: https://www.fluentd.org/
- The need for distributed systems logging
- The inadequacy of conventional logging solutions
Setting up Fluentd
Overview of Fluentd Features and Architecture
Configuration File Syntax
Overview of Event Workflow
Working with Fluentd Plugins
Overview of Fluentd Use Cases
Deploying Fluentd to Production
Logging and Monitoring
Configuring Fluentd for High Availability
Summary and Conclusion