21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
- Python programming experience.
- Non-developers with Python programming experience
PyQt is a cross-platform library for developing GUIs (graphical user interfaces) for Python applications. It interfaces Python with the Qt GUI toolkit.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at persons who wish to program a visually attractive software application using Python and the Qt UI framework.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up a development environment that includes all needed libraries, packages and frameworks.
- Create a desktop or server application whose user interface functions smoothly and is visually appealing.
- Implement various UI elements and effects, including widgets, charts, layers, etc. to achieve maximum effect in usability.
- Implement good UI design and code organization during the design and development phase.
- Test and debug the application.
Format of the course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- This course can be offered for development on Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
- The latest version of all software is used, e.g., PyQt 5 as of this writing, etc.
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Downloading and Installing PyQt, PyCharm, and Qt Designer
Preparing the Development Environment
Navigating PyCharm and Qt Designer
Creating a UI in Qt Designer
Writing the Application Logic in PyCharm
Running the Application
Expanding the Application
Adding Widgets, Charts, etc.
Creating Application Layers
Debugging the Application
Accessing a Database from within the Application
Code Organization and Design Patterns
MVP, MVVM and Other Design Patterns
Testing Strategies for the Application
Summary and Conclusion
Provided alot of materials as well as sample codes. Linking each topic to the sample codes makes it easier for participants to catch up.
Home Team Science and Technology Agency