21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
- An understanding of enterprise architecture concepts.
- Experience with Java application development.
Spring Cloud is a microservices framework for building Java applications for the cloud. These microservices are often run as Docker containers inside a Kubernetes cluster. Other components include message brokers such as Kafka to enable inter-service communication and databases such as Redis to store and buffer application data.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to transform traditional architecture into a highly concurrent microservices-based architecture using Spring Cloud, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes and Redis.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up the necessary development environment for building microservices.
- Design and implement a highly concurrent microservices ecosystem using Spring Cloud, Kafka, Redis, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Transform monolithic and SOA services to microservice based architecture.
- Adopt a DevOps approach to developing, testing and releasing software.
- Ensure high concurrency among microservices in production.
- Monitor microservices and implement recovery strategies.
- Carry out performance tuning.
- Learn about future trends in microservices architecture.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Transforming traditional architecture into microservices architecture
Overview of Spring Cloud Features and Architecture
Preparing the Development Environment
Installing and Configuring Spring Cloud
Creating a Microservices Application
Containerizing Microservices with Docker
Enabling Inter-Service Communication Using Kafka
Preparing the Database
Reading and Writing to the Database
Using Redis to Buffer Messages
Bringing it all Together
Testing the Application
Debugging the Application
Scaling Dockerized Microservices with Kubernetes
Deploying the Application
Setting up a Continuous Integration Pipeline
Securing the Application
Adopting a DevOps Mentality
Formalizing the DevOps Cycle
Future Trends in Software Architecture
Summary and Conclusion
The course was excellent. Our trainer Andreas was very prepared and answered all the questions that we asked. Also he helped us when we have troubles and explained in details when needed. The best course that i have ever been part of.
Bozhidar Marinov - Пейсейф България ЕООД
The lecturer regularly checked up on us and showed us how we can deal with some commonly seen issues when working with these tools.
Пейсейф България ЕООД
The trainer was very knowledgeable about the topic.
Zhivko Stanishev - Пейсейф България ЕООД
That every topic was an extension of the previous. The trainer was very nice and helpful.
Pavel Ignatov - Пейсейф България ЕООД
It was a great overview of the landscape of the technologies involved, allowing me to find the place in it of all pieces I have tried and many other I have previously missed on microservices. Andreas put them in the context of the real use and showed their role and why they are used that way. The course is a solid basis for elaboration and studying the details in that context and I find it very valuable. The organization of the course is with prepared in advance projects to download, change in the exercises, make them run and build the next exercises upon them. This helped me to participate, understand and connect the matter presented. The selected contents of the course was well thought and presented in a conscious and understandable way.
Пейсейф България ЕООД
I liked his pace for training, it was optimum.
Edwards Mukasa - AFRINIC Ltd.