14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An general understanding of microservices application development.
- Networking experience.
- Experience with the Linux command line.
- Cloud architects
- DevOps engineers
- Network engineers
- Sys Admins
Linkerd is a popular network proxy for creating a service mesh.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at engineers who wish to use Linkerd to manage, control, and monitor the communication among services inside a web application.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Linkerd 2.0 (aka Linkerd2).
- Understand service meshes and implement one using Linkerd.
- Deploy a Linkerd based service mesh on a Kubernetes cluster.
- Use a service mesh to run, manage and monitor web applications (microservices) in the cloud.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- This training is based on Linkerd2.
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- To learn more about Linkerd, please visit: https://linkerd.io/1/overview/what-is-linkerd/
Setting up Linkerd
Overview of Linkerd Features and Architecture
Understanding the Service Mesh
Using the Linkerd Command Line Interface (CLI)
Working with the Linkerd Data Plane
Working with the Linkerd Control Plane
Controlling the Cluster through a Web Application
Running a Sample Web Application
Summary and Conclusion