14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
There are no specific requirements needed to attend this course, but experience with any database would be useful.
After the training, you will be able to write extract and modify the data in MongoDB database. You will also learn about powerful Aggregation Pipeline that is a flexible and fast tool for data analytics, and if it's not enough for you, how to connect your current BI tools like Tableau or Excel to data stored in Mongo.
- Introduction into NoSQL databases
- NoSQL vs. RDBMS (relational databases)
- What are documents and JSON format
- Creating MongoDB sandbox (local or cloud)
- CRUD operations (Create, Read, Update and Delete)
- MongoDB Shell as a basic client tool
- MongoDB Compass and other clients
- Single purpose aggregation functions
- Aggregation pipelines
- Creating views
- Overview of map-reduce
Business Intelligence connector and data migration
- How to use MongoDB data in Excel
- BI connector installation and configuration
- Loading data from existing SQL databases
- Built-in Mongo import/export tools
- Analysing performance using explain function
- Indexes and special collections overview
- Optimising replica-set nodes for reporting
the lab environment
Samer Roshdi - epic ltd
the training platform and functionalities as well as the Kamil way of knowledge transfer
panayiotis kakouris - epic ltd
that we had a virtual environment to work on
Tomasz Kabata - Credit Agricole Bank Polska S.A.
Credit Agricole Bank Polska S.A.
a large number of workshops, good contact.
Maciej Szczepaniak - Credit Agricole Bank Polska S.A.