14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- Experience with the Linux command line
- System administrators
- Network engineers
- System engineers
FreeIPA is an open source identity management system for Linux/UNIX. It can be thought of as the Linux version of Windows' Active Directory.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at system administrators who wish to use FreeIPA to centralize the authentication, authorization and account information for their organization's users, groups, and machines.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure FreeIPA.
- Manage Linux users and clients from a single central location.
- Use FreeIPA's CLI, Web UI and RPC interface to set up and manage permissions.
- Enable Single Sign On authentication across all systems, services and applications.
- Integrate FreeIPA with Windows Active Directory.
- Backup, replicate and migrate an FreeIPA server.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Overview of FreeIPA Features and Architecture
How Directory Services Work
Installing and Configuring a FreeIPA Server
Navigating the FreeIPA UI and CLI
Overview of Protocols Supported by FreeIPA
Understanding Kerberos Authentication
Enrolling a Client Machine
Understanding Host-Based Access Control (HBAC)
Controlling Access to Machines and Services
Authenticating an Application
Authorizing an Application
Working with Service Certificates
Managing Sudo Rules
Managing SSH User and Host Keys
Managing Kerberos Tickets
Integrating FreeIPA with Windows Active Directory
Replicating a FreeIPA Server
Backing Up and Restoring an FreeIPA Server
Migrating FreeIPA to a Different Server
Summary and Conclusion