14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- A general understanding of version control systems.
- Experience with the Linux command line.
GitLab is a software application for managing the software development lifecycle. Its main features include project management, source code management, continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD), monitoring and security.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to set up and use Gitlab for version control and continuous integration.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Gitlab.
- Understand how to implement an alternative to Github.
- Use Gitlab to manage a DevOps lifecycle.
- Use Gitlab for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
- Efficiently develop, release and test software using Gitlab.
Format of the course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- To learn more about Gitlab, please visit: https://about.gitlab.com/
Installing and Configuring Gitlab
Overview of Gitlab Features and Architecture
Review of Version Control and Git
Navigating the GitLab Web IDE
GitLab Namespaces and Groups
Implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
Using GitLab Markdown
Summary and Conclusion
Good Introduction to Gitlab, Learnt some new concepts which we did not know was possible with Gitlab.
We all did get a better understanding of the various abilities of the tooling.