14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
Good Excel or other Spreadsheet knowledge
Solid Maths and Statistics knowledge
This course has been created for analysts, forecasters wanting to introduce or improve forecasting which can be related to sale forecasting, economic forecasting, technology forecasting, supply chain management and demand or supply forecasting.
This course guides delegates through series of methodologies, frameworks and algorithms which are useful when choosing how to predict the future based on historical data.
It uses standard tools like Microsoft Excel or some Open Source programs (notably R project).
The principles covered in this course can be implemented by any software (e.g. SAS, SPSS, Statistica, MINITAB ...)
Problems facing forecasters
- Customer demand planning
- Investor uncertainty
- Economic planning
- Seasonal changes in demand/utilization
- Roles of risk and uncertainty
Time series methods
- Moving average
- Exponential smoothing
- Linear prediction
- Trend estimation
- Growth curve
Econometric methods (casual methods)
- Regression analysis using linear regression or non-linear regression
- Autoregressive moving average (ARMA)
- Autoregressive integrated moving average (ARIMA)
- Delphi method
- Scenario building
- Technology forecasting
- Forecast by analogy
Simulation and other methods
- Prediction market
- Probabilistic forecasting and Ensemble forecasting
- Reference class forecasting
1.The presentation style of Mr. Andrew, engaging with the style of audience.
MUHAMMAD ZAID SALMAN - GAS MALAYSIA DISTRIBUTION SDN BHD
- I finally can implement the right analysis method to what I currently working on. - Discussion on general issues (worldwide) which is related to the training topic.
Lizawati Pati - GAS MALAYSIA DISTRIBUTION SDN BHD
Mr Andrew easily understood and responded so well to participants' answers.
Junaidah Ahmad - GAS MALAYSIA DISTRIBUTION SDN BHD
Kahoot. -best way to get the audience involve and get the idea in general before the training start.
GAS MALAYSIA DISTRIBUTION SDN BHD