Local instructor-led live Leadership training courses in the US.
Course: Communicating and Influencing - For Managers and Team Leaders
Leadership Course Outlines
This course aims to inspire trainees to become leaders by showing what makes or breaks a leader.
This course is part of the Data Scientist skill set (Domain: Advisory & Leadership).
Staff who need to be fully aware of the issues surrounding Communicating and Influencing:
- Their colleagues
- Their bosses
- Their internal and external customers and stakeholders
Format of the course
The course will be a highly-interactive combination of:
- Facilitated Discussions
- Slide Presentations
- Exercises and Case Studies
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Appreciate the need to manage their own behaviour before they can influence others’ behaviour
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the various communications media available
- Manage their internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Explain how to deal with the difficult situations they may encounter in the office
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
Acquire an understanding of self-mastery as a foundation for inspiring leaders
Strengthen and sustain their execution capabilities and contribute to the creation of a high performance culture
Lead cultural transformation and change processes in their respective areas of influence using emotional intelligence and change management tools
This 5-day course will help delegates develop their strategic thinking, planning and management skills including the tactical and operational requirements for successful implementation in a banking environment. The course will deal with the tough issues of conflict management, managing change, what makes a good leader and how to motivate a team. Using interactive case studies as well as sector examples, delegates will be encouraged to share experiences and challenges to help build practical and work focused solutions which they can take back and actually use.
The core objective of the programme is to equip the executives with the skills to scan the business environment to uncover profitable business opportunities as well as develop strategies for gaining competitive advantage in an increasingly competitive business environment. Amongst others, the programme will also provide insight on leadership the best practices and behaviors that will strengthen the capacity of the executives to handle the complexities and uncertainties of managing a high performance financial institution.
After attending this course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the main problems that are faced by a large bank;
- Explain the various approaches to organisational development planning;
- Analyse the current business environment and influences affecting the organisation;
- Analyse resources within and external to the organisation;
- Explain the various approaches to managing strategy and it place in the business plan;
- Evaluate the alternative development strategies so as to recommend the one(s) most suited to the needs of the firm.
- Apply a deeper understanding of strategic development plans;
- Discuss objectively the risks, benefits and costs that accompany the implementation of the new strategy including managing conflict in a team;
- Define approaches to managing the identified risks;
- Analyse the potential impacts on his or her firm (both positive and negative) that will result from implementing the new strategy;
- Design policies, systems and processes to successfully implement the emergent strategic plans;
- Cover the key steps in change management
Who Should Attend
- Product/Service Managers
- Newly appointed as well as established Managers and Team Leaders
- Heads of Operations
- Senior Bank Managers
- Human Resource Managers
- Operations Managers
- Marketing Managers
The course consists of facilitated workshops, supplemented by case studies drawn from a combination of published real life examples and/or practical experience. There will also be opportunities for attendees to work in small groups to synthesise ideas and strategies and to apply the material in the context of their own organisations/departments. Open forum discussions will also be a key element.
Upcoming Leadership Courses
NY, Brooklyn - One Pierrepont Plaza
NY, Long Island - New Hyde Park
NY, Staten Island - 1120 South Avenue
CT, East Berlin - East Berlin
NY, Long Island - New Hyde Park
Weekend Leadership courses, Evening Leadership training, Leadership boot camp, Leadership instructor-led, Weekend Leadership training, Evening Leadership courses, Leadership coaching, Leadership instructor, Leadership trainer, Leadership training courses, Leadership classes, Leadership on-site, Leadership private courses, Leadership one on one training