14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
Participants should be familiar with the basics of Excel and Statistics.
Analysts, researchers, scientists, graduates and students and anyone who is interested in learning how to facilitate statistical analysis in Microsoft Excel.
This course will help improve your familiarity with Excel and statistics and as a result increase the effectiveness and efficiency of your work or research.
This course describes how to use the Analysis ToolPack in Microsoft Excel, statistical functions and how to perform basic statistical procedures. It will explain what Excel limitation are and how to overcome them.
Aggregating Data in Excel
- Statistical Functions
- Pivot Tables
Data Relation Analysis
- Normal Distribution
- Descriptive Statistics
- Linear Correlation
- Regression Analysis
Analysing Data in Time
- Trends/Regression line
- Linear, Logarithmic, Polynomial, Power, Exponential, Moving Average Smoothing
- Seasonal fluctuations analysis
- Confidence Interval for the Mean
- Test of Hypothesis Concerning the Population Mean
- Difference Between Mean of Two Populations
- ANOVA: Analysis of Variances
- Goodness-of-Fit Test for Discrete Random Variables
- Test of Independence: Contingency Tables
- Test Hypothesis Concerning the Variance of Two Populations
The fact he had dif excel and data sheets with exercises for us to do.
Deepakie Singh Sodhi - Queens College, CUNY
Steve was willing to answer every questions and worked diligently to address any individual concerns or technical issues as they arose in the class. He also did a great job of presenting the technical details in a way that made it less intimidating to even the least tech savvy people in the room. Personally, learning about some useful shortcuts in Excel that I didn't know about will certainly improve my overall workflow when using Excel in the future! I am so appreciative of those little details that I was exposed to during the two-day training.
Alan Gonzalez - Queens College, CUNY
The reminder of the world of statistics :)
Export Credit insurance corporation
1. Clear theoretical explanation of concepts and alternatives to problem solving. 2. Practical examples where concepts are, and can be applied. 3. I learnt skills that I can use in my job, which will make some of my work easier 4. It will definitely bring some innovation into some of the reports I prepare for different Committees.
Sindiso Ndlovu - Export Credit insurance corporation
Presentation of new tools that I didn't know before.
Knauf Bełchatów Sp. z o.o.